Opinions expressed by entrepreneur The shareholders themselves.
“But I am not an expert. I do not have a degree or credentials. How do I start a program Business? No one will take me seriously, let alone pay me.”
Listen to this All time of my students. I remind them patiently that I He did not complete his secondary educationAnd, on paper, my only family to manage Facebook And the The Google Ads is the fact that I run a seven-figure agency that runs Facebook and Google ads.
Usually does not drown, so I refer them to a talk The Wall Street Journal Article – Commodity It tells a very familiar story about a group of graduates who cannot secure a high-paying job. This particular story, however, shares the struggles of students enrolled in the MFA Filmmaking Program at Columbia Universityprestigious ivy league School in New York. These students took out six figures of debt to earn an MFA degree, only to discover that not all students could be Scorsese right out of the gate. Ivy League education It couldn’t save them from the same low-paying movie jobs as someone who didn’t Get a loan for the size of the apartment.
We are facing an epidemic overly educated And low-paid wage stalkers in this country because our success equation is completely backward.
What I am about to share with you applies not only to starting a business but also to people who just want a profitable and satisfying job. I will describe how most people deal skills Acquisition, and then I’ll tell you how well it works People are getting closer to acquiring skills.
If I do my job well, you will be convinced that you do not need to be an expert to start a business. In fact, if you’re not an expert now, you’re better off.
How most People gain skills
“Go to college! Get an advanced degree! That’s how you succeed.”
It’s amazing how people refuse to believe what’s right in front of their eyes. Colombian filmmakers are not unique. According to a survey conducted by PayScale46% of American workers reported being “partially unemployed.” Meanwhile, 76% of those respondents said it was because they had not used their degrees in their careers.
But people still blindly follow the same old routine, which goes like this:
- Plunge time and money In education to acquire skills.
- Go to the market with newly acquired skills.
- he won?
Let’s discuss two things about this approach. First of all, it loads all files risk. You’re sinking tons Time and money to acquire the skills you hope for The market will reward you for. In fact, many graduates enter the market only to discover that the market does not need their skills. Even worse, many find that their advanced education makes them Eligible. They have priced themselves outside the market.
How do business people Acquisition of skills
Entrepreneurs, smart people, take a retrograde approach to what I mentioned above. This is what it looks like:
- Go to the market and ask them about the problems they are facing.
- Find out how much they would be willing to pay to solve this problem.
- When you find a problem that the market will pay a lot to solve, go ahead and acquire the skills you need to solve that problem.
- Gaining your first customers.
- Improve your presentation, using your early customers as a hands-on.
- Submit your offer to the market.
Entrepreneur Starts With the market – listen to what they want, and only then Acquire the necessary skills.
There is also much less risk up front. Yes, it can take time and money to acquire the skills you need to solve a market problem. Maybe it will require a degree? Maybe not? But she probably won’t. You can work wonders with books and Online lessons.
But no matter how much time and money you invest, you invest it knowing there is a pay day waiting on the other side. why? Because it’s you market response.
You are the solution to a problem. Ultimately, that’s what people pay money for. Colombian filmmakers learned the hard way that there is no bigger problem to solve – and that hasn’t changed just because they have expensive degree.
Here are the reasons why you should start your own business before You have the skills to deliver. Once you start working Find the store-You are in business.
Here’s how to get started:
- Choose a niche, any niche. Don’t be tempted to follow money – everyone He promotes consulting services, doctors, lawyers, etc. Oftentimes, the more mysterious and esoteric a niche is, the better.
- Talk to people in the field. Find out their biggest daily problems.
- Ask them how much they will pay to solve the problem. If they say anything under $2,000, you may not have a viable business. It must be worth your time.
- Want extra bonus points? If you’re feeling ambitious, ask them to pull out their credit card and pay for the solution before you even know how to deliver! It’s a bold move, but that’s how you know That people are willing to pay for the solution. It is the final check of the product’s suitability for the market.
- Now – and only Now – go ahead and gain the skills you need to solve the problem.
You don’t need to become a master for 10,000 hours. You just need to know a) more than the customer and b) enough to solve the problem.
Problem solving is everything. Thread that needle, and you are as good as you pay.