A laundry attendant washes and dries soiled clothes or linens. As a laundry worker, your job responsibilities include collecting soiled linens or clothing, sorting laundry by color and fabric type, performing stain treatments, and operating laundry machines to wash and dry items.
Additional duties may include loading and unloading laundry and folding or hanging clean items. You need to follow special washing instructions for delicate fabrics like fur and leather. You must also clean and maintain laundry machines, which entails emptying the lint traps in dryers.
Laundry attendants use various techniques to clean clothing and other textiles and to support the operations of the facilities in which they work. Laundry attendants usually work in self or full-service laundromats that are available to the public, or in hotels.
- Location: Rouyn-Noranda, QC
- Salary: $14.00HOUR hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Nettoyeur Dallaire inc Canada – Job requirements
Nettoyeur Dallaire inc Canada: you don’t need specific educational or professional qualifications to become a laundry attendant, as it’s an entry-level position. However, you do need to be hardworking and capable of multitasking in a fast-paced work environment.
As a laundry attendant, you must repeatedly lift and move loads of laundry, so you need the physical strength and ability to lift between 20 to 50 pounds and the stamina to stand and walk around throughout your shift. You must be good at following instructions, and you need strong communication skills to interact with guests, colleagues, and your manager.
Laundry Attendant Responsibilities:
- Sorting, washing, drying, pressing, and folding clothing and other textile items.
- Removing stains from items using the appropriate procedures.
- Performing minor sewing duties.
- Tracking which items belong to whom.
- Keeping an updated inventory of laundry detergents and sewing kits.
- Tracking maintenance and repairs on laundering equipment.
- Ensuring that the facility remains clean at all times.
- Anticipating and responding to customers’ queries, concerns, and complaints.
- Keeping sufficient tokens or change for the washing and drying machines, if required.
Laundry Attendant Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is advantageous.
- Prior experience in a similar role is preferable.
- Familiarity with cleaning detergents and laundering equipment.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Capacity to lift up to 20 pounds unaided.
- Basic arithmetic skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Personable disposition with a knack for customer service.
- Available to work shifts and on weekends.
- English or French
Nettoyeur Dallaire inc Canada – Education
No degree, certificate, or diploma
or equivalent experience
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Washing machine experience
- Dry cleaning and laundry establishment
- Ironing, Pressing, and Finishing Worker’s Specific Skills
- Hand fold and bag shirts, sheets, and other articles
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada