Carpenters needed to work in Wright Construction Services – Job details
- Location: Winnipeg, MB
- Salary: $29.48 to $32.75HOUR hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Term or contract – Full time/overtime
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
Carpenters needed to work in Wright Construction Services – Job requirements
Other trades certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.) >>
Carpenters needed to work in Wright Construction Services: workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate. First Aid Certificate. Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate. Carpenter Red Seal Certificate. Fall Arrest Protection Training Course. Working at heights training.
5 years or more of experience, Construction is a major work area. Extra Skills – Teach apprentices how to work. Commercial setting. Tools/Equipment – Tools; steel-toed safety boots; transporting is difficult.
Own transportation; valid driver’s license required for employment. Physical Capabilities and Situations – Physically hard; bending, stooping, and kneeling; deadlines are tight. Team player; Client focus; judgment; values and ethics; dependability.
- Read blueprints, drawings, and sketches to fully grasp the requirements
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Cut, shape, and smooth lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements
- Build window frames, doors, staircases, and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items
- Layout floorings, roofing, or drywalls ensuring they are leveled and compatible
- Carve and assemble furniture, cabinets, shelves, and other items and install them where designated
- Inspect places and conduct repairs or maintenance
- Build scaffolding and other construction structures
Carpenters needed to work in Wright Construction Services – Requirements
- Proven experience as a carpenter
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers, etc.)
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
- Good knowledge of English
- Good understanding of basic math
- And also, Good physical condition and endurance
- High school diploma; Successful completion of a carpentry apprenticeship program is required
Carpenters needed to work in Wright Construction Services – How to apply
Who is Eligible for this Work?
Carpenters needed to work in Wright Construction Services: only persons who are legally allowed to work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, do not apply as the employer will not consider your job application.
For interesting updates like this, stay connected on our website @ job.techsmoothy.com, also for further assistance, leave a comment below & don’t forget to share.